August 12, 2020
The Active Archive Alliance recently released its 2020 Active Archive and the State of the Industry Report, which highlights the increased demand for new data management strategies as well as benefits and use cases for active archive solutions.
Here are a few takeaways from the report:
- Today’s data demands an intelligent archive solution that leverages the advanced capabilities of data movement technology and scale-out hardware to realize its fast-increasing value.
- The growing reliance on archival data makes it ground zero for unlocking game-changing data strategies.
- New applications, such as the Internet of Things (IoT) with billions of nodes and boosted by the arrival of 5G networks, will help fuel insatiable demand for more intelligent active archives.
- Key usage cases for active archiving tell the real story, starting with healthcare and high-performance computing (HPC) in life sciences.
- Other top use cases include security, business efficiency and continuity, media and entertainment, and IoT, including autonomous vehicles.
Sponsors of the report include Active Archive Alliance members Atempo, Fujifilm Recording Media USA, IBM, Iron Mountain, Harmony Healthcare IT, MediQuant, PoINT Software & Systems, Quantum, Qumulo, QStar Technologies, Spectra Logic, StrongBox Data Solutions and Western Digital.
You can read the full report here.
For more information on the Active Archive Alliance visit: www.activearchive.com.